ZYNGA TREASURE ISLE THANKSGIVING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, (EXCEPT NEW YORK AND FLORIDA), CANADA (EXCEPT THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM (EXCEPT NORTHERN IRELAND) AND GERMANY, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AT TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN NEW YORK, FLORIDA, PUERTO RICO, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, NORTHERN IRELAND AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
2. ELIGIBILITY: Zynga Treasure Isle Thanksgiving Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except residents of New York and Florida), Canada (except the Province of Quebec), The United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and Germany who are 18 years of age and older or the age of majority in their country of residence at time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in NY, FL, PR, the Province of Quebec, Northern Ireland and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Zynga Game Network Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Strobe Promotions, Inc. are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the Sweepstakes or to contact you regarding future promotions and events.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 4:00:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) November 23, 2010 and ends 11:59:59 PM GMT on November 30, 2010 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize, ten (10) First Prizes and one hundred (100) Second Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes through the Zynga Treasure Isle application on the Facebook platform. To access the application, go to http://apps.facebook.com/treasureisle/ and install Zynga's Treasure Isle application. Rules for Zynga Treasure Isle are available at http://apps.facebook.com/treasureisle/. You must insure that your email address is associated with your Facebook account and insure that you have given Treasure Isle permission to access this email address in order to be eligible to enter via this method. After installing the Zynga Treasure Isle application, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes when you complete all three (3) of the following actions during the Promotion Period: 1) Perform the three (3) Thanksgiving Quests: Perform a series of objectives in the game that include harvesting items from the maps, either buying or asking for certain consumable goods to unlock certain maps/levels. 2) Complete the Banquet Table: Buy or collect from friends 'RSVP' tickets that are used to complete the feature. The 'RSVP' tickets can also be used to redeem a set of in-game goods that range from decorations to consumables like Energy. 3) Complete building The Ziggurat Tower: Place the Ziggurat Tower (a constructible item) on the home island and build by buying or collecting parts. Online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM GMT on November 30, 2010 in order to be eligible. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: Or, you may enter the Sweepstakes via U.S. Mail. To enter the Zynga Treasure Isle Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP or Postal code, date of birth, email address, daytime and evening telephone number and the words "Zynga Treasure Isle Sweepstakes" on a 3" X 5" card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: Zynga Treasure Isle Sweepstakes, Zynga Treasure Isle, Zynga Game Network Inc., 4104 24th Street, #363, San Francisco, CA 94114. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2010 and received by December 10, 2010. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per email address during the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person or email address will be void. Entrants may enter only by using the entry methods described in these rules. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Proof of mailing or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor's decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The promotional website's database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Your Zynga Treasure Isle account is not transferable. Only users playing with a valid account are eligible. Any user who violates Zynga's Terms http://www.zynga.com/legal/terms_of_service.php may be declared ineligible. Multiple Facebook accounts linked to the same entrant will be disqualified. Under no circumstances shall you allow or permit any other person or third party, including, without limitation, any person under the legal age to participate in the Sweepstakes, or use or re-use your account in such a way that may breach the standards or laws in any jurisdiction where you are located and/or are a resident, or where such other person is located and/or is a resident. Any person found to have violated this section may be reported to the relevant authorities.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner, ten (10) potential First Prize winners and one hundred (100) Second Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about December 15, 2010 in Melville, NY from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Strobe Promotions, Inc., an independent judging organization. Judges'/Sponsor's decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be notified by electronic mail via the email address associated with their Facebook account on or about December 15, 2010. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/declaration of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and if winner is a U.S. resident, a Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. First and Second Prize winners will be required to verify their mailing address. Non-compliance within this time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of merchandise prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible online and mail-in entries received. Winner and guest or parent/legal guardian of guest if guest is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, must sign a travel release prior to traveling. As a condition for receiving a prize, a potential winner who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer (unaided) a time-limited mathematical skill-test question.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A 5-day, 4-night trip for the winner and one guest to Hawaii, USA, (city to be determined by Sponsor) includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major Gateway airport nearest the winner's home, double-occupancy hotel accommodations and round-trip transfers from airport to hotel. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. See "Travel Restrictions" section below for further information. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $5,000 USD. Ten (10) First Prizes: An Apple® iPad™ 16 GB with Wi-Fi. ARV: $499 USD/each. One Hundred (100) Second Prizes: A Treasure Isle T-Shirt. ARV: $10 USD/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $10,990 USD. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturers' terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. If winner is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. If a U.S. resident, Grand Prize winner must supply Administrator with his/her social security number for tax purposes and Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Administrator for the ARV of the prize (stated above) for the calendar year won. Trip must be taken by 12/31/11.
Winner and guest must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a travel guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be a travel guest. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and confirmation of reservations; certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer. Airline and flight times to be selected by Administrator at its sole discretion. One or more stopovers may be required on air transportation. Winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Air transportation, if applicable, and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner must confirm available travel dates and flight times selected by the Sponsor at least three (3) weeks prior to travel dates. No extension or change of trip dates permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner's possession, or in the possession of winner's guests. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Winner and guest must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Strobe Promotions, Inc. ("Sweepstakes Entities") shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK AND STROBE PROMOTIONS, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME PROVINCES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit an Eligible Participant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual's IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California), or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You agree that all disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes will be handled in accord with the dispute resolution policy set forth in our Terms http://www.zynga.com/legal/terms_of_service.php.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the major winners, available after January 10, 2011, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 10, 2011 to: Zynga Treasure Isle Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Zynga Game Network Inc., 4104 24th Street, #363, San Francisco, CA 94114-3615. Administrator: Strobe Promotions, Inc., 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
OPT-OUT: If you do not wish to receive any further notices from Zynga Game Network Inc. regarding Promotion offerings, send your name and address to: Zynga Game Network Inc., 4104 24th Street, #363, San Francisco, CA 94114. Attn: Opt-Out.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. One (1) Grand Prize: A 5-day, 4-night trip for the winner and one guest to Hawaii, USA, (city to be determined by Sponsor) includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major Gateway airport nearest the winner's home, double-occupancy hotel accommodations and round-trip transfers from airport to hotel. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $5,000 USD. Ten (10) First Prizes: An Apple® iPad™ 16 GB with Wi-Fi. ARV: $499 USD/each. One Hundred (100) Second Prizes: A Treasure Isle T-Shirt. ARV: $10 USD/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $10,990 USD. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM GMT November 30, 2010. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2010 and received by December 10, 2010 in order to be eligible. Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59 PM GMT November 30, 2010. See Official Rules above for complete details. Sponsored solely by Zynga Game Network Inc., 4104 24th Street, #363, San Francisco, CA 94114-3615.
©Copyright 2010 Strobe Promotions, Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.